Sunday, October 3, 2010

1: Polaris

Polaris, the first star I ever knew.

I used to think that if you always followed it, it would bring you home. Turns out, it will only lead you north.

But the way I'm going, that's just fine.

---
--- --- ---
--- --- --- --- ---



Twinbrook is my home.

It wasn't always that way, but the past doesn't matter. What matters now is that I'm going to do what I want from now on.




My name is Yume. I'd like to think with a name meaning 'dream', I should follow my dreams. Hence this little three room house next to the bridge and river. The stars are beautiful out here...when you can see them. It gets cloudy quite often in Twinbrook.




I prefer the word cozy to tiny. The green paneled walls of my house are pretty soothing.




Yes, this was perfect. Tomorrow I start life Yume-style.




I got a job!

I woke up this morning with the notion to get into business. Father always said that business was for men and entertaining for the women - ah, if he could see me now.

...actually, I rather not see him.




It felt weird to have an 8 - 2 job, but I love people, so I spent most of that time peering into other cubicles and meeting coworkers while I delivered coffee. They liked me so much that we spent out lunch break chatting at the water cooler!




Once work was over, I didn't feel like going home just yet. I decided to hang around the park to meet people, but it was oddly empty. There was a couple of nice chess tables though, so I amused myself playing for a bit. I don't think I'm logical enough for that, though.




Some people did wander in after sundown, so I chatted with a few of them to try and make friends. I didn't really make any there, which was disappointing - I kinda wanted to have over twenty friends here one day. Wouldn't it be fun to be super popular?




I stopped by the bookstore on the way home, hoping to find a book with some tips on being charismatic. Surely a few charisma points would not be lost on my future friends! But by the time I was done shopping I was too tired to read - guess I wasn't used to getting up at six yet.




I washed up before going to bed (it's important to be clean, you know)...




...and then played some computer games. Yeah, I probably should have been sleeping, but those things are addictive! I swear that every time I get a few seconds to myself I start wandering towards the computer.




Finally I was exhausted enough to stop fooling around and get to bed. For once I wasn't worrying about what I was wearing tomorrow, who I was meeting, what I was doing.

Tomorrow would go how I want.

And so would the rest of my life.

--- --- --- --- ---
--- --- ---
---

Polaris will lead you home.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

4 comments:

  1. Great first chapter, looking forward to more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the start! I like the way you're telling the story too! I'll be following!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this start! Defiantly looking forward to seeing more as well, I like Yume's personality :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone~! I have about three more chapters worth of pics, so hopefully I'll update sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete